IMAGINARIA – IAFF 2014
International Animation Film Festival
- competitive section -
Festival Dates: Conversano August 2014
CALL FOR ENTRY
FINAL DEADLINE: may 31, 2014
To submit your film to the Imaginaria – International Animation Film Festival (IAFF), please read our eligibility requirements below.
Films must have been completed after December 2009.
We accept all categories of animation films: traditional animation, 2d digital, mix media and stop motion, 3d and visual effects, music videos, experimental.
Running time for the short films must be no more then 20 minutes and no more then 90 minutes for feature film.
Competitive entries must not have commercial distribution in Italy to be eligible.
Foreign films submitted to the Festival must be subtitled in Italian or English (.srt file).
Entries with HD digital files (720p/1080p – H.264 – MP4 – MOV).
You must upload the work on a file sharing website (eg dropbox, wetransfer, 4shared, etc..)
Those selected for screening during the IMAGINARIA Awards will be notified at least one (1) month before the event starts by e-mail.
Those selected for the monthly screenings will be notified at least thirty (30) days before the event date by e-mail.
One official entry form must accompany each individual submission.
Film producers must also agree to include in future promotion material the mention of the participation at the Imaginaria, the relevant section and any award received, along with the official IMAGINARIA LOGO.
The works already sent to the previous editions of “Imaginaria Film Festival ” will not be admitted.
IMAGINARIA AWARD recepients are determined by a jury of professional filmmakers, illustrators, cartoonist, distributors and journalists.
IMAGINARIA AUDIENCE AWARD is determined by audience votes.
The prizes and special mentions for international competition:
- Best Animated Film – (traditional drawing animation technique)
- Best Animated Film – (Stop Motion technique)
- Best Animated Film – (2D technique)
- Best Animated Film – 3D technique)
- Best Animated Film (Music Video)
– Best Animated Film (student film competition)
- Best direction
- Best screenplay
- Best soundtrack
Up to 50 shorts films and 15 feature films will be selected as finalists in the IAFF Awards competition.
The winners ill be chosen by a jury of entertainment industry professionals, and announced at the Winner’s Day.
WHAT TO SEND
The following items MUST accompany all entry forms.
– Digital HD file with English or Italian subtitles (720p/1080p – H.264 – MOV - MP4). You can upload the work on a file sharing website (eg dropbox, wetransfer, 4shared, etc..)
– Short Synopsis (by email)
– One line Synopsis (by email)
– Director’s Biography (by email)
– n.1 B&W or color stills of director (we prefer JPEG/TIFF 300 DPI by email)
– n.2 B&W or color stills of film (we prefer JPEG/TIFF 300 DPI by email)
– Complete principal credits list (by email)
These items may be used in our catalogue or web site and may be released to the news media in order to promote selected films.
NOTICE: As part of our mission statement, our organization may refer names and contacts of submitting filmmakers to independent distributors, creative agencies, press and internet companies. Tapes and other related materials, however, remain in the strict possession of the Festival’s archive.
If you have any questions please link to the contacts section.
Submission is free
IMAGINARIA – Animation Film Festival
P.O. BOX 50 – Casa delle Arti
Conversano 70014 – Italy